Sunday, July 31, 2016

Role of Union Cavalry in the Chickamauga Campaign, The: John J. Londa (link)

The Role of Union Cavalry in the Chickamauga Campaign
Major John J. Londa
Master's thesis,  United States Military Academy, 1978; pub. Ft. Leavenworth, 1991.

PDF - 149 PAGES. AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD WHEN YOU CLICK ON LINK!
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a241432.pdf

This source contains a further breakdown of Stanley's Cavalry Corps, into two divisions of three brigades each, with several officers pertinent to my own Civil War project; namely, A.P. Campbell, E.M. McCook, and Eli Long. Two other officers, Watkins and Lowe, are less often mentioned in my particular sources). See pages 22 and 24 for organization charts.

So far, I've only skimmed this one, but I usually find these thesis papers helpful. I'm no expert, so I can't vouch for the quality of the research or anything. Take it on its own merit.

No comments:

Post a Comment