Thursday, August 15, 2019

McDougall Map by Muse for Personal Research Project: Towns, Communities, Old Routes, Places Mentioned in Official Records


This informal map is part of my personal research project on McDougall, but I am making it public. I marked routes from McMinn County, Tennessee, down to Murray County, Georgia, some significant spots in Whitfield County, Georgia (near Rocky Face Ridge), Chickamauga, and places on Lookout Mountain and Sand Mountain. Not all of these places are historic. I have included some modern towns for orientation and reference. This is a work in progress, so some of my information may be inaccurate. This is my attempt to locate specific places mentioned in my own projects, including some obsolete towns, some places of significance during the Civil War, some historic markers, and some post-war towns. I've tried to figure out driving routes for a few places. In Murray and Whitfield Counties, in Georgia, I've included approximate locations for a few land lots, as best I could identify them. As I said, it's a work in progress, all very informal, and not perfectly accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment